- Melt a 1 Tbsp of coconut oil in a frying pan
- Wash, core and chop one med- large size apple into bit size pieces
- Gently place apples in frying pan and cook until they start to soften
- Add 1 cup of fresh or frozen berries: I use mixed berries from Costco – Blackberries, Raspberries , Cherries, Blueberries and Pomegranate seeds.
- Tbsp of unsweetened coconut (optional)
- Tbs of Chia Seeds (optional)
- Sometimes we put a drizzle of maple syrup in.
Yields around 4 servings
Serve it over 1/4 cup of cooked oatmeal
So we are back at it this week…not waiting until January to get back on track with our goals…We just finished meal prep Sunday.
For a Realsolution to a Healthy Lifestyle – we are back to meal prep Sundays…it takes about 1hr but it makes getting lunches ready throughout the week so easy (we just get them sorted while we are cooking supper)
We cut up
- Cucumber and Green Peppers (When we have them…truthfully I am not a fan)
- Lettuce or kale; chop the lettuce and kale up and divided it up into containers for the week.
We buy weekly:
- Rotisserie chicken in the summer we will probably do our own on the BBQ
- Grape tomatoes (for salads and veggie snack’s)
- English muffins
- Fruit topping
- Boil some eggs
- Salad Dressings
Things on Hand:
- Eggs (to fry on Tues & Thurs for breakfast…home-made English muffins)
- Seeds (for salads…bulk buy)
So far over Christmas break I think I had gained about 1.5lbs but staying on track with exercising and eating (for the most part)…unfortunately I haven’t gotten my 10000 steps in …but that will change this week being back to the office 🙂